Tuesday, October 22, 2013

continuing my research on sustainable clothes.

For my action, I have decided to try and commit to only buying clothes from companies that try to use sustainable practices.
Patagonia is close but I question how sustainable they are, see last post.
Ibex is the company I am researching now.  My first step of this action plan is to find companies I can buy from.  Therefore I emailed IBEX and asked them:
"HI I noticed you mentioned on your website your clothing is sustainable.  I was wondering where the clothing is made and to what ends do you research your factories ecological and social responsibilities? 
I am an avid Ibex fan and looking to commit to shopping only from truly sustainable companies.  Can you please explain how you view your company as sustainable?
Thank you."
I hope they respond to me as soon as possible so I can begin to understand this.  
I really believe that companies need to EXPLAIN what they mean when they claim they are sustainable or green.  While I am sad that the organic label has been dumbed down by the USDA, at least there is some legal claim to the term organic in the marketplace.  There does not seem to be any regs on "energy efficient" or "natural" or "sustainable" etc...It is frustrating to try and be an educated consumer when there is a constant VEIL keeping the public from truth.

No comments: